Become A See Volunteer Ophthalmologist Today!
We are pleased to welcome you to SEE International’s network of dedicated humanitarian ophthalmologists, fondly known as SEE Docs. This application is required for all ophthalmologists participating in SEE International clinics (as a host or traveling surgeon), classes, and programs. Please fill out completely and submit to SEE International headquarters:
To Participate In A See Expedition
If you are interested in participating in a SEE Intentional clinic, note the information below and the listed forms that are required in addition to the SEE Doc Application:
- A must read for hosts and travelers alike! Descriptions of who is responsible for which tasks during the expedition planning process.
- This is a very informative article written specifically for ophthalmologists volunteering in developing countries. It highlights possible challenges and how to overcome them, surgical tips, the importance of education and skills exchange, and lastly the significance of your contribution.
To Host A SEE Expedition
If you are interested in establishing or hosting a SEE Intentional clinic, note the information below and the listed forms that are required in addition to the SEE Doc Application:
- A checklist of steps needed in order to establish a hospital or clinic as a SEE sponsored site. (Location must be in a developing country.)
- You will also need to provide SEE International with a Letter of Invitation from your Ministry of Health or other civic health authority.
- This is a short form that profiles the facility where the clinic will be held. It helps SEE International better prepare the equipment and supplies. Anyone requesting an expedition must complete this form.