The Grant Coordinator will be responsible for writing, submitting, and managing all aspects of grant proposals for our organization. This position will identify and research grant opportunities, cultivate and steward relationships with current and prospective grant funders, and submit accurate, high-quality, and timely proposals and applications. Position will be expected to raise over $1.2 million in annual revenue from grant activities in 2024. This requires proactive internal communication and eloquently written and verbal narratives that express the organization’s inspiring programmatic purpose and the need for impactful grant funding. The solicitation focuses primarily from foundations and corporations with alignment in the ophthalmic industry; non-ophthalmic health-related; developing world healthcare; equitable access to healthcare; and other related opportunities supporting the organization’s mission. Proposal submissions to high net-worth individuals is also another target area.
Salary Range: $60 – $65k
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and research grant funding opportunities.
- Formally and eloquently draft proposals to be submitted to funding opportunities.
- Finding and strengthening relationships involved with grant funding sources; requires frequent direct communication and outreach with funders.
- Review financials, philanthropic focuses, and connections that qualify organizations to effectively reach funders with appropriate proposals.
- Respond timely and accurately to grant funding requirements, requests, and deadlines.
- Collaborate across departments to create project proposals to submit for grants and awards.
- Review updated vision care statistics and research based on program-specific data.
- Actively take initiative to start, deliver and manage multiple refined proposals.
- Report on quantitative and qualitive results that demonstrate the organization’s impacts of programs and projects to grant funders.
- Regularly report to supervisor on grants metrics including, but not limited to, number of grant applications submitted, win rate, funding awarded, number of repeat and new funders, and new prospects found.
- Find and research new potential partners and prospects that align with SEE’s mission.
- Manage grant activities and deliverables such as Letters of Intent, applications/submissions, and reports on Salesforce.
- Advise and contribute to the development of grant strategy for the organization.
- Facilitating completion and submission of annual state registrations with 3rd parties.
- Assist with other team projects, and external/internal communications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written Communication: Exceptional writing skills with the ability to create compelling, informative narratives in a concise manner.
- Organization: Juggles many projects and deadlines. Plans and executes complex projects. Keeps detailed calendar and updates records in CRM.
- Persistence: Devoted to the organization’s goals and ideals and driven to succeed in winning grants. Persists in pursuing grants that will fit in with the organization’s programs and projects. Communication with internal and external stakeholders requiring follow-up.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents captivating material in a way that gets attention and generates excitement.
- Practical Thinking: Identifies and recommends which grants to apply for based on the organization’s goals and strengths. Drives collaboration with necessary stakeholders in the grant management process.
- Detail Oriented: Maintains strong attention to detail. Analyzes and synthesizes information. Commits to accurately and thoroughly completing projects and tasks.
- Collaboration: Collects the needed information for compelling and persuasive grant applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent editing skills ensuring clear, consistent, engaging, and grammatically correct content.
- Excellent ability to correlate research and metrics to impacts and needs.
- Basic mathematical ability, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Intermediate understanding of programmatic and organizational budgeting; programmatic impacts and any ratios that need to be reported.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- High-level of experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM databases
Certificates & Licenses
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a remote position that may be performed at your home office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.