Responsible for coordination and the overall administration of the Programs Department while helping to develop and implement strategies to ensure maximum impact and efficiency of international and educational programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Collaborate with volunteers, both medical and non-medical, international hosts, partner organizations, and vendors to coordinate programs and training.
• Identify and recruit ophthalmologists to volunteer time and skills for international programs.
• Assess educational needs of clinical ophthalmologists to best determine program compatibility.
• Support in cultivating relationships with US ophthalmic training institutions with residency programs to increase involvement and international program offerings.
• Support in obtaining and maintain current content for SEE’s education Resource Library
• Support in preparing impact reports as needed.
• Determine deadlines and time-manage multiple tasks, often for multiple programs at once.
• Contribute to proactive expansion of international and education programs.
• Assist with developing and implementing departmental goals.
• Collect and count surgical reports and assist with annual audit.
• Update database records with current information on affiliates and programs
• Serve as an ambassador for SEE International at events and annual meetings, as needed.
• Collaborate with all departments in the organization on projects, as needed.
• Ensure programs are aligned with SEE International goals and objectives.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Collaboration: Works well with others, including internal and external parties; Exchanges ideas and feedback; Communicates with others to work towards a common goal; Flexible and adaptable to new changes.
• Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibilities for actions.
• Program Management: Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress with constituents; Completes program needs on time and within budget.
• Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understand organizational strengths and weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in International Studies, Public Health, or related field preferred; and a minimum of three years related experience and/or training in international program planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Ability: Read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, technical or government documents. Write business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, SEE staff, volunteers, partner organizations and vendors.
• Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Technology Skills: Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. SharePoint experience is a plus. Software: Salesforce
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position can be 100% remote.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to focus. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Salary Range: $57,000 – $62,000/year
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.