Reporting to the Vice President of Programs, the Warehouse Manager will oversee operations in SEE International’s Santa Barbara headquarters. This skilled multitasker will manage the receiving, handling, storing, packing, and shipping activities of a small (approximately 3000 sq ft.) warehouse, ensuring that quality standards are met or exceeded. The Warehouse Manager must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate order fulfillment, and track shipping times for medical and equipment supplies associated with more than 100 programs each year. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and able to manage multiple facets of warehouse operations simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate shipping/receiving for SEE Programs and Educational courses.
• Manage supply and equipment donations with the organization’s overall goals and objectives in mind.
• In collaboration with VP of Programs, Medical Director and Programs team, research equipment and coordinate needed maintenance, repair, and testing of current inventory.
• Manage supply inventory and maintain an up-to-date inventory control procedure.
• Manage administrative needs of the warehouse, with support of volunteers.
• Develop reports for accounting needs and programs reporting.
• Prepare end of year audits specific to inventories and surgical count.
• Attend and participate in monthly Programs/Warehouse meetings and all-staff meetings.
• Create detailed manifests and shipping information via our inventory management system.
• Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance when necessary.
• Track shipments to ensure shipping and receiving in a timely manner.
• Serve as a liaison with donors and supply recipients when needed.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Collaboration – Works well with others, including internal and external parties; Exchanges ideas and feedback; Communicates with others to work towards a common goal; Flexible and adaptable to new changes.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibilities for actions.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understand organizational strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum high school diploma and appropriate experience (warehouse processes and procedures, advanced in manifest collection and producing); and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working for a distribution warehouse of a non-profit, health-related focused organization preferred.
Read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, technical or government documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Applies advanced math skills. Calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Advanced accounting and business financial concepts and their applications. Applies analysis and computes percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
1. Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
2. Software: Zoom and Activate experience is a plus
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint) and SCM+/databases for warehouses preferred. SEE International uses Acctivate, an inventory management system that integrates with QuickBooks. Advanced knowledge in Acctivate or an alike system is highly desired.
Certificates and Licenses:
High school diploma or equivalent with three or more years of experience in a warehouse role. Supply Chain management or logistic certification preferred but not required.
Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced environment and adapt to organizational changes. Have a strong ability to communicate via phone and email with remote working colleagues.
Must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and able to travel domestically when needed. This position requires longer hours of sitting and standing.
Salary & Benefits:
$65,000- $80,000 depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; as well as paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. This is a full-time, in-person position.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.