Acting as the first point-of-contact, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for greeting guests and patients, answering/routing phone calls and providing general administrative support as needed. Will also help enhance overall productivity by providing assistance for SEE International’s needs across departments through a variety of tasks.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and greet SEE patients & visitors in person or by telephone in a professional and friendly manner.
- Help maintain security by following procedures; monitoring sign-in sheets/issuing visitor badges.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming reception area at all times.
- Maintain an organized and fully stocked break room.
- Distribute daily faxes to appropriate department.
- Record & report volunteer hours on a monthly basis.
- Provide coverage for our Santa Barbara Vision care clinic every Friday.
- Appointment scheduling for local vision care program.
- Mail out appointment reminders.
- Confirm patient appointments and assist with rescheduling as needed.
- Provide local SBVC doctor offices with patient charts on weekly basis.
- Provide individuals with vouchers for free prescription glasses upon requests.
- Print vouchers for the quarter upon request.
- Collect referral application documents when necessary.
- Assist our local vision program with initial patient referral process. (scan documents, book appointments, etc.)
- Filter through voice messages for our SBVC team.
- Other tasks as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Spanish speaking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative and professional setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service
- Must have a professional demeanor, desire to help others, and promote a positive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic understanding of computer literacy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$16.00 -$18.00/hr. DOE
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, term life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; as well as paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Send cover letter and resume to Mayra Garcia, Sr. Manager of Administration/HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office or clerical department. The job requires periods of sitting and standing, bending, stooping, walking, and lifting. Must be able to operate standard office equipment including phones and computers.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe level of work being performed by people assigned to comparable positions. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.