The position provides a broad range of support for the Development Department. General areas of responsibility include donation processing, donor correspondence, ensuring accuracy of the database, and maintaining workplace campaign registrations. Often working closely with supervisors to cultivate supporters and establish donor meetings.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process donations and produce acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Outreach to supporters to thank them and invite to meet with key staff or tour the office
- Coordinate communications including taking phone calls, responding to emails and interfacing with constituents
- Prepare and plan events such as meetings, public presentations, conferences, business luncheons, or client dinners
- Update and maintain donor records in fundraising database including tasks, meeting notes and event attendance
- Provide regular fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Research and strengthen relationships involved with funding opportunities
- Mail and email informational packets to inquiring prospective supporters
- Assist with events, including maintain guest lists and community outreach
- Other external and internal communications as needed, including answering phones and greeting visitors in a professional and polite manner
- Maintain donor confidentiality
- Flexibility to work on other duties as assigned
- Associate of Arts degree or appropriate experience in lieu of degree
- High level of experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization skills, and deadline focused
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Demonstrates professional, positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
- Result-driven, proactive, and able to work autonomously
- Exhibit effective communication skills with donors, staff, volunteers, clients, and members of the public from diverse social, cultural, and educational backgrounds
- Experience with fundraising tools, such as Salesforce and/or Classy
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge and experience with an international, health related non-profit organizations
- Cover letter
- Beneficial: A writing sample of outreach/correspondence
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$38,000 – $45,000, depending on experience. Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; as well as paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Mayra Garcia, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office or clerical department. The job requires periods of sitting and standing, bending, stooping, walking, and lifting. Must be able to operate standard office equipment including phones and computers.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe level of work being performed by people assigned to comparable positions. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.