A Chance to See Again – Namibia’s “Miracle Doctor” Helena Ndume
This short film profiles Dr. Helena Ndume, an internationally renowned Namibian ophthalmologist, and one of SEE’s most prolific volunteers. Hailed as the “Miracle Doctor,” Ndume has brought sight back to 35,000 Namibians, completely free of charge. Hear, in her own words, how she began life living under apartheid, escaped her home country at the age of 15, lived as a refugee – and grew up to become an inspiration to the world.
In 2015, she became the winner of the first-ever United Nations Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Prize for her humanitarian work. Film created by Blue Chalk Media.
- 2018 Social Impact Media Awards, Impact Video Humanitas Award
- 2017 Cynopsis Social Good Awards, Best Philanthropic/Human Rights Campaign
- 2017 Rosey Awards, Award of Merit, Editing
- 2017 Rosey Awards, Winner, Web Video
- 2017 Communicator Awards, Award of Distinction, Non-Profit, Online Video
- 2017 Telly Awards, Silver Award, Branded Content & Entertainment, Nonprofit
- 2017 Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards – Visual Storytelling Campaign – Honorable Mention
- 2017 Global Trend Awards, Triumph Winner, Nonprofit
- 2017 Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards – Visual Storytelling Campaign, Honorable Mention
- Brent Stirton/Verbatim, Co-Director
- Robert Wilson, Co-Director
- Pam Huling, Producer
- Greg Snider, Editor
- Rafael Fernandez Viedma, Music Composer
- Benjamin Peterson, Photo Retoucher
Want to help support SEE International’s sight-restoring work?
It only takes $25 to transform someone’s life forever. Make a difference today.